From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 3:34 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] FLAT CAR HAND BRAKE QUESTION

Does anyone have any information on the mechanics of the drop shaft
handbrakes used on flat cars?
MY 1943 Car Builders Cyclopedia shows the front portion of his devise but I
am curious as to how the chain couples to this. Is ther a second geared
shaft behind the main shaft that is geared and wraps up the chain? The
front photos do not sem to leave much room for wrapping the chain on th
shaft.

As usual thanks in advance for any help.

Bill Pardie

Posted by: WILLIAM PARDIE <pardiew001@hawaii.rr.com>

Yahoo Groups Links