Re: Trucks used on NS '47 blt 27000-27249 box cars

Ed Hawkins

On Aug 8, 2016, at 7:49 PM, Andy Carlson midcentury@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Earlier this year I offered some Intermountain box car kits on another Yahoo groups web site. These were part of my offerings of "Enhanced" box car kits with several parts added to more closely match the intended prototype. I have seen the table from the Steam Era Freight Car web site which I believe Ed Hawkins provided. No truck data was included.

One of the kit's buyer has asked me if I can give him a recommendation for truck(s) which were used on these cars. I don't know.

Anyone out here provide an answer?

Andy,
Trucks on NS 27000-27249 were A-3 Ride Control with AAR cast iron wheels.

Incidentally, I’ve done some major updating on most of my original steel box car rosters that now date back 10 years or so. In most cases the new lists include a number of additional columns. I just don’t know how to get the updated lists to the web site.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins