Re: DL&W yard and distant freight cars - 1911

William Dale

What I found most interesting is the DL&W "Vehicle" box 4077 (4000-4099).  I dug out my oldest ORER from April 1930 and it is listed as a staggered door vehicle box with steel under frame with a height of 14'8'' to the top of the running board! That seems like quite a large piece of rolling stock for the day.  As there were only 3 left on the roster in April '30, this I'm sure would have been built 1890's???? would this have had some kind of auto loader in it??? This era is not my strongest, anyone possibly have an answer.

William Dale