Re: DL&W yard and distant freight cars - 1911

richramik@...

Mike:

Thanks.  One last question on this type of car.  How long were these types of cars used, i.e., until the 1930's, 1940's. etc???

Thanks,
Rich Ramik

On 08/09/16, MDelvec952@... [STMFC] wrote:

Most of the DL&W boxcars with those boxes on the roof are lettered as "PAINTERS CARS" for maintaining everything from depots to bridges to signs or anything along the right-of-way. These cars regularly show up on team tracks or spurs near stations in this photo collection.

Does anyone recognize that DL&W with the Howe-truss-like bracing just under the 4-4-0 Camelback? There were a small batch of these; does anyone know the builder or if other roads had this car? I find these very interesting for the era.

Thanks                     ....Mike Del Vecchio