Re: Quality Craft/Ambroid PRR H-31

Alex Schneider

The members of this list signed up to discuss freight cars, not NMRA politics. I applaud Ben for offering an alternative source which is free to all. That spirit goes a long way to build the hobby.

NMRA does maintain a repository of kit instructions, which for the most part were donated by members, that are available to members. It doesn't own the information. The kit manufacturers do, but I suspect sending a copy of the instructions to someone who owns the kit but lost the instructions is "fair use", and welcomed by most manufacturers in any case. The instructions rarely are sufficiently specific to enable you to build a model without a kit.

I am an NMRA member, and when I go to the web site I can't find the kit instructions, so the gatekeepers in Soddy Daisy can keep "freeloaders" out if they do call. Or hopefully help them see the benefits of membership.

Alex Schneider
--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 8/11/16, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [STMFC] Quality Craft/Ambroid PRR H-31
To: STMFC@...
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2016, 12:48 AM

Chuck -
You probably view your suggestion to Laurance as harmless but there is a term for people who take from organizations without bothering to
pay to support the organization, in this case the NMRA. The term is freeloader.

Nobody is forced to join the NMRA but those of us who pay the freight recognize freeloaders as a drag on the organization.

Please don't encourage the entitlement mentality.

Thank you.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.