Re: Sunshine Kit 18.2 C&O Box Car w/Deco Ends

S. Busch

On Aug 11, 2016, at 12:37 PM, Mark.Rossiter@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote, "I have been looking without much success for Sunshine Models kit # 18.2 - AAR 1937 C&O Box Car with Deco Ends.  I know one popped up on Ebay a few weeks ago as part of a 6-kit offering.  Since I wasn't anxious to pay $200 or more for the one kit out of six I really wanted, I opted to pass up on it."

Mark,

I have two of these kits, one built and one still in the box.  They are quite crude in a way, and I was never happy with the one of them which I built.  I even took it apart and used the kit ends on a Red Caboose car instead.  I still didn't like it and I have never finished it.  Among other things, the ends seem overly thick, and the body side tabs, which are separate pieces, are rather "clunky" (is that a RR term of the art?).

I'm waiting eagerly for the Intermountain version.

Regards --

Steve Busch
Duncan, SC