Re: F&C Hopper Bottom Boxcar

Dean Payne

RJ,

I built one of these kits years ago, perhaps my 3rd resin kit?  I liked the complex underframe detail, but I'm not sure it's 100% justifiable, knowing what I now know.  You could build it without the hopper bottoms, if you want.

However, note that the F&C "instructions" are incorrect, at least for our late-1930's time frame.  The information that I got from Westerfield for similar GN truss rod cars shows they were painted brown on the sides, black roof and ends, and... oxide? underframe (which shows off the details nicely).  Westerfield has the proper large "forward-facing goat" herald decals.

Dean Payne