Re: AC&F covered hoppers

billd@...

Speaking of helium cars, somewhere or other around the house
I've got several shots of the real helium cars on SP's
EPTUD/TUEPD. They always ran in pairs, had clasp brakes on
their heavy-duty trucks (for something as light as helium,
those cars were rather heavy) and went back and forth
between the coast and (I guess) New Mexico where I am told
there are helium mines...just don't ask me how you mine
helium. Outcropping as Helium PentaFlouride?

Bill Daniels

On Thu, 3 May 2001 14:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff Aley - GCD PE <jaley@...> wrote:
On May 3, 5:23pm, byronrose@... wrote:
Subject: Re: [STMFC] AC&F covered hoppers

Whoa Bill, now you're violating rule number one: "It's
my layout and if
you don't like what I'm running, you're excused." I
just love pulling
Heinz "reefers" with the new Atlas Dash 8s I just
bought. I bet they'll
pull a 200 car train without breaking a sweat.

BS
Byron,

Per your reputation, I expected better from you. At
least have
the guts to pull a unit train of Heinz pickle cars,
instead of mere
reefers!

Perhaps if Richard Hendrickson ever comes to visit,
you'll let him
run his unit train of helium cars on your layout.

Regards,

-Jeff

--
Jeff Aley, Development Engineer