Re: Labor Day modeling follies

Jared Harper

Who's on this list, a  bunch of geezers?

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

---In STMFC@..., <sarahsan@...> wrote :

Greg and Denny,

You need your own supply of these jar lid openers. :~) Seriously, I grab them up at county fairs and such, especially at booths that deal with ageing issues. My credit union also gives them away frequently. I mostly use them to hold the shafts when I set screw-on points to my wooden arrows (mandatory archery content).

Now I'm at the age where their use in the kitchen is becoming a day-to-day necessity.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 9/6/16 12:13 AM, tgregmrtn@... [STMFC] wrote:

Denny,

As others have mentioned I too use hot water to expand the lid and in some cases the darn lids still wants to stick; so I wonder slowly into the kitchen and get the wife's rubber or neoprene bottle opener out of the drawer and wrap it tight and that more than not will do the job. (A wide rubber band works as well) I hate resorting to pliers of any kind if it can be helped. I also hate getting caught with the evidence in hand...    3^)

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 9/5/2016 5:41:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:
Perhaps from age, perhaps from being uncareful when closing bottles, but I am running into a plethora of used paint bottles -the usual ½ and 1 oz.- that i simply cannot open without some destruction. It is frustrating when a bottle half filled with just the paint that you need for the airbrush already in hand, and short of a hammer, one can simply not get it open (screw-driver prying, using a variety of bottle-lid opening tools, casting imprecations, muscle, etc.) with number landing in the waste basket unopened. How do others address this very frustrating and wasteful issue?

Denny