Re: Adhesive for Gondola Clutter?

Schuyler Larrabee

A long time ago, I littered up a gon. I put in some 4x4s across the floor of the gon, and then dropped in a few other pieces of 4x4. I then went out to the street and picked up some sand and crud from the gutter, brought it back in and used that for making a mess. Before I put any of this in, I painted the floor of the gon with some very diluted white glue. The glue ended up invisible with all the other stuff in there.

Schuyler

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 12:41 AM
To: STMFC
Subject: [STMFC] Adhesive for Gondola Clutter?

Gondolas are seldom completely cleaned, and the empties often run with dunnage, coal, metal scrap, aggregates, etc. leftover from a previous load. I can of course run the car with this stuff loose in the bottom, but I'd rather find a way to secure it. I've tried various experiments, but they either don't adhere the material well, or dry with some gloss or a bit of color change. For example, Woodland Scenics scenic cement dried with a slight gloss and a whitish cast.

Any suggestions re what might work in this application?

Thanks!

Bob Chapman