Re: more on asphalt cars

mwbauers

Asphalt is tar with crushed stones embedded in it. I don’t think its at all common to ship a tank car with a load of tar bonded stone…...

The cars contain tar destined to become asphalt once its mixed for the application at the road project.

I’m betting that calling the contents asphalt is just common slang for the load.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Sep 16, 2016, at 11:24 AM, 'Claus Schlund HGM'  wrote:

I don't know the subtlety of difference between tar and asphalt, but there may be sufficient similarity to make this on topic.

Looks to be a scene illustrating unloading the car into a tanker truck.