Re: PC board drills

mwbauers

What has worked for me since about 1975 is a standard wall mounted light dimmer, put into conventional outlet boxes with an outlet wired to it. Built into a double outlet box and a short heavy duty power cord to plug it into the electric service.

There's nothing outstanding about this wall dimmer, it just happens to be able to deal with the small motor power needs of a Dremel tool.

I tried it as a gamble for a Dremel speed control in my school days and it's still working fine today.

Mike Bauers

On Sep 19, 2016, at 8:35 PM, "Steve Caple stevecaple@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

"I get around the too-high Dremel speed by using an old Variac as a
transformer to reduce the voltage.
Ed Bommer"

Hmmm - I'll have to price one, see if it's less than the Sensi-Press
approach.