From: Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Wed, Sep 28, 2016 9:57 am
Subject: Re: [STMFC] BREX/WFE ice reefer roof colors

Scott

I don't think so. I have 13 photos of FGEX and WFEX 40 foot reefers in
the early to mid 1960's and a couple appear to have yellow roofs but all
of them also appear to have been repainted and relettered in this time
period. On some the silver roof is obvious and on some you can see yellow
overspray from the sides obscuring the side view of the silver roof.

Tim O'Connor

I'm weathering some BREX and WFE ice reefers in my heap to reflect service in the early to mid '60s.  If memory serves all repaints by that time got silver roofs.  (Same as FGE?)  Would older paint jobs have gotten a silver roof without repainting the whole car?

Thanks

Scott Chatfield