From: STMFC@... on behalf of Garth Groff sarahsan@... [STMFC]
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:41 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Red Caboose 40ft double door CB&Q boxcar

Paul,

What was missed here is that the two 10' IH double-door boxcars from RC have only two prototypes (per Richard Hendrickson). The square-corner car is only good for Soo, and the W-corner is good only for SAL. Everything else is bogus. By the time these 10' IH cars were produced, the unofficial standard for auto cars was 10' 4" or 10' 6".

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 9/30/16 9:09 PM, chris_hillman@... [STMFC] wrote:

Just acquired a Red Caboose 40ft double door CB&Q boxcar. The kit comes with 2 door types, Youngstown & Superior. Did the CB&Q have any cars with both types on the same side, IE) 1- Youngstown & 1- Superior  ?

I did a photo search & found only cars with 2 Youngstown doors, but they were of models not prototype cars.

Thanks, Paul Hillman