Re: ORER help needed CofG 10701-10800

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Justin,

I can't argue with what the others quote from their 1954 ORERS, but my 1958 book lists 97 cars in 10701-10800. Yes, these are nominal 41-foot cars of 80000 capacity. Surely the CofG didn't reuse the number for more of the same.

Do I smell a mystery here?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 10/6/16 3:48 PM, Justin May westpointroute@... [STMFC] wrote:

Can anyone with a July or August 1954 ORER assist me in identifying the remaining car numbers for the CofG flat car series 10701-10800? In constructing my kit from the CofG Historical Society, the literature states only 7 cars remained on the roster as of August 1, 1954.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated as I would like to accurately model one of the remaining car numbers.

Justin May