Re: Why model 1926?

Eric Hansmann

Claus,

Long ago I had considered 1929, too. But many timber operations closer to Elkins, WV, were done by then, as were a couple of large coke operations. Coal was strong but I was looking for more diversity in the traffic mix and 1926 seemed to fit that demand a little better for the locale. Plus, the WM had moved all of the Russian Decapods out of Elkins by 1929. Having them all stationed in Elkins in 1926 enabled easier modeling of the WM loco fleet as Spectrum had released their model about the same time I was plotting my time period.

It’s always interesting sifting through the historical record for industrial trends that affect rail traffic movements.

Eric

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX