Re: Slightly Off-Topic

Charles Peck

If you are going to have that fire truck delivered by rail, it will be on topic.
Not the right year?  Just had it factory refurbished and updated, I believe.
Isn't it so?
Chuck Peck (back in Florida)

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 7:55 PM, johnsykesiii@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I am adding a bunch of vehicles for my early 1950's layout (under construction) and have a question that is slightly off-topic, but relevant to the late steam/early diesel era.

There is probably a 1/87 vehicles group somewhere here on Yahoo, but I only have two questions: 1) does anyone know what the prototype is for the Woodland Scenics r-t-r fire engine?  I think it might be Seagrave, but the grill looks more like 1940's Mack.  Also, if someone knows that, 2) would you happen to know what year it is?  (Late 40s truck models did not change much from year to year, so it might be more of a date range.)

OK, thanks.  You may return to topic!

-- John