Barring new information, I am going to assume this truck has not been produced in HO.  No use rooting through boxes at train shows.  But when I have to fudge, I'd like to know what
I am substituting instead of.  Like when one has to use a Miner handbrake instead of a XYZ.
Thanks, Chuck Peck

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Mark Landgraf mark_landgraf@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Chuck

I can see where the confusion crept in. You need first to understand that Bettendorf was a truck manufacturer, not a truck style. They made styles of trucks for themselves and others. ‎Most trucks were named for their inventor or patent holder, not the foundry that produced them. As a further example‎, ATSF had a Pullman 6 wheel truck under some of their tenders that were manufactured by General Steel Castings.

To compound this further, ‎Bettendorf did manufacture their own trucks, later with roller bearings, all for cabooses.

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
From: Charles Peck lnnrr152@... [STMFC]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 9:56 PM
Reply To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Please identify truck?

If the first link didn't work, try this one.

This is my first try at using Google photos.
Chuck Peck

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:36 PM, roy wojahn zuch2rew@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Well, that address didn't work for me.

Roy Wojahn

On Friday, October 28, 2016 4:50 PM, "lnnrr152@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Here is a link (I hope) to a truck under an L&N caboose.  It says Bettendorf as cast on but
that rounded lower member seems different from other trucks I've seen.  Any ideas
on a name for this truck or a maker?

Thanks,
Chuck Peck