Re: Wood Pulp

Eric Hansmann

Bob,

Would this be the specialty paper mill in Chagrin Falls? If so, it did not have direct rail service. A truck was used to transport material to and from the small W&LE terminal a few blocks away.

I have a few images and other details to send off line if this is the operation of your interest.

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

On October 30, 2016 at 8:01 AM "oandle@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi Guys!

  I've been researching a paper mill that operated in Northeast Ohio from 1900's to the mid 80s. The mill originally used rags and wood for their pulp but in the 20's started using wood pulp imported from Scandinavia.  Any ideas how this pulp was shipped from the port to the mill? Was it dry and in bags or in a slurry and shipped via tank cars? TIA for any info.

Bob Weston