Re: Please identify truck?

Charles Peck

Yes, The trucks I photographed were under a L&N Little Woody caboose.
I would find it strange that L&N, a frugal railroad, would have custom made
unique trucks made.  Especially twice.  On the other hand, if a manufacturer
had some trucks on hand that no one else was buying and offered L&N a
good price, I could believe that scenario.  But from what I seem to be hearing,
there are rather rare trucks.  Interesting.....
Chuck Peck

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 6:47 PM, brianleppert@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I'll agree with everything Dennis Storzek has written about this truck.  For built dates, I can add some cabooses shown in Morning Sun's L&N Color Guide, vol. 2, are said to be built in 1921 and 1924 with these trucks.  Could this caboose truck be unique to L&N?

There was also a freight version of this later T-section side frame truck.  Pere Marquette had house cars with them built in 1917, 1922, 1923 and 1926.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV