Re: HO tank cars

Dave Boss

I'll 3rd this I too model northwestern Pa. I think  Southern car foundry makes a 2 dome resin kit.Not sure what kind though.

On Sunday, November 13, 2016 4:28 PM, "'markstation01@...' markstation01@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I'm with you Hugh, I'd love a two compartment tank car, what was their capacity, 8000 gallons?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "mguill1224@... [STMFC]"
Subject: [STMFC] HO tank cars
Date: Sun, Nov 13, 2016 4:07 PM

I would like to see a two-dome tank car.  I would buy at least two in UTLX, GATX or SHPX livery for use on my layout which is set in northwestern Pennsylvania in 1953. I move both coal and crude oil.  A long time ago I had an antique Globe metal two-dome tank car that I foolishly sold.  I have never been able to find another anywhere.  Pix of tank car consists dating to the early fifties and through the forties usually show two-dome cars.  I would buy a decent Globe two-dome car, by the way.  Hugh T Guillaume