Re: Common Standard hopper car panel side rebuilds

midrly

David--

Thanks for your reply.  I'll have a look for one of these kits.  The CN, CV, and GTW cars differed between roads as to which panels were used on a car side, and in the case of CV cars, some car sides had flat panels and bulged panels.

As for 3D printing, I don't know much about it, but know someone who does.  I imagine that 3D printing would be the way to go to allow a panel design to be scaled up or down--there is a Common Standard car in O scale (Lionel?). But the Tichy car is too large for these, yet an excellent model for the larger USRA rebuilds.

Steve Lucas