Re: Pullman-Standard 50' PS-1 panel width

Jack Mullen

Justin,
 The photo you linked is close to broadside for the left half of the car, so I'd suggest making a print and scaling.
Alternatively, it looks line all except the first panel at the end and the panel next to the door are the same width.
If we use your figures for the 14 panel car, assume the same widths for the first and eighth panels,  and divide the remainder evenly it gives (2.5 + 4 * 3.5) / 6 = 2.75 .

As a check, comparing the end and door panels to their adjacent panels, the ratios 2.5/2.75 and 2.75/2 are pretty close to what I get measuring the photo, .

It's quite possible that these's a GA drawing in a Cyc or RME that would give you a precise answer, but if no one comes up with such, I think these methods will be adequate for a credible model.

Jack Mullen