Re: Hooker Orange Tank car

Ed Hawkins

On Nov 22, 2016, at 1:29 AM, Ed Hawkins <hawk0621@...> wrote:

Lots 9, 19, and 368 show the top portion of the heads painted orange and the bottom portion black.

STMFC,
To correct a typo I made, this should have stated "Lots 9, 19, and 638…."

Despite the shading of the top portion of the jacket in these three photos appearing fairly light, the stencils were white.  This is an indication to me that the color was probably not a light shade of orange but rather a deeper shade (i.e., a red-orange?) as Dennis alluded to. If the shade of orange was light, black stencils would have made more sense.
Ed Hawkins