Re: Microscale Chalk Marks

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

These ongoing graffito are interesting. While it wasn't in our period, I remember seeing a couple of cars which were inscribed by someone calling himself "Mahatma Indeedi", including "Mahatma Indeedi wishes you Indeed". Has anyone else ever seen this, and do you know any of the story behind it?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 12/3/16 4:42 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

I agree these are 'pictorial' graffiti, which was relatively rare. Also, bright white
is ok for a brand new chalk mark, but I prefer the light gray color used by Sunshine.

A good thing about Microscale is they usually do "spot" applications of overcoat so
you don't have to trim the pieces closely, and that speeds up the work.

I was interested in the Collosus of Roads but there are two identical examples on the
sheet. This guy was famous for signing each one with some clever quote or remark. There
are videos on Youtube covering the history of Bozo Texino, an interview with the guy who
did Collosus of Roads, and so on. The original Bozo Texino was an MP employee in San
Antonio who was actually profiled by the MP employee magazine. He was actively doing it
from the 1910's through the 1940's.