Re: Microscale Chalk Marks

Donald B. Valentine

---In STMFC@..., <sarahsan@...> wrote :

Friends,

These ongoing graffito are interesting. While it wasn't in our period, I remember seeing a couple of cars which were inscribed by someone calling himself "Mahatma Indeedi", including "Mahatma Indeedi wishes you Indeed". Has anyone else ever seen this, and do you know any of the story behind it?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Hi Garth,

    I like the one that Armand Premo and I spotted in white on a black tank car in a southbound D&H

freight at Rouses Point, NY back in the very early 1970's. It was the usual peace symbol within the

circle below which was inscribed "Footprint of the American Chicken"! How long it had been on the

car I don't know but it looked to have been there awhile. I suspect it is the best one either of us have

ever seen, before or since, and I still chuckle every time I think of it. YMMV

My best, Don Valentine