Re: New Article About Boxcar Roofs. . .

water.kresse@...

My draft put into a joint C&O/N&W/VGN "Battleship Gons" book never got finished because of never rationalized "discussions" over Modeler's-slang and industry engineering terminology, like class 100-ton, being 90 or 91-ton capacity cars, or class being H8 for another railroad, etc. . . . and prototype being the full-sized car that their scale model was based on, versus prototype also being a demonstrator/test car for a following full series build, etc..

Al Kresse

From: "w m bulletmims@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:05:22 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] New Article About Boxcar Roofs. . .

Hurray!!! Tony you are absolutely correct in that we should use the correct terminology as put forth in the Car Builders Cyclopedia in our correspondence. This includes magazines and other publications. My background includes freight car engineering for a major RR and I am often confused by the names of car parts referred to in hobby publications.

Ed Mims
Jacksonville, FL