Re: 50' Mather stock car.

Steve SANDIFER

The January 1998 issue of MR had an article by Jim Teese on building a car from 2 P2K kits. The prototype shown was a Nickel Plate car photographed in May 1966. I have an almost unreadable copy downloaded from the MR website during one of their "free" days. The CB&Q also had 40, #50200-50239. The cars were spliced Circa 1952 and the Burlington leased them in 1963. A photo appears in the Bukrlington Bulletin #25 which is dedicated to Bukrlington Live Stock operations. The articles says the NYC also had some of these cars and that they were often see on the Q. If I had a better copy of the MR article, I might try to build one.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:27 PM
To: Stm Frt Cars
Subject: [STMFC] 50' Mather stock car.

Browsing thru my unfinished stock, I opened a P2K Mather stock car kit which contained a Mather kit which I had sliced and spliced into a 50' car. Also in the box were a set of resin doors for it. It didn't take me long to find that Stan Rydarowicz sold a kit for this car back around 2010-11. Did anyone buy one of these? Were there any instructions? What was in his 'kit'? Did he just do the slicing and cast a new roof, or??? Did he include or direct you to a source for decals?

I found a photo of a model of Stan's on display at Naperville or Cocoa Beach in NYC's NISX markings but so far I haven't found any prototype pictures or info.

And that brought up another question. Whatever happened to Stan's decals? Was he sourcing them with someone else?

Jim