Stripping resin castings

Joseph Melhorn

Hi all,

While not directly related to steam era freight cars, I'm working on a
project that requires stripping painted resin castings. The castings were
painted with Testor's Spray Enamel. Since a lot of the members here buy and
build resin freight cars, does anyone have a method that works for them. I
tried using Scalecoat II wash Away on some painted resin steps and it caused
the steps to shrivel up and turn rubbery. I'm reluctant to continue trying
to strip the remaining pieces using the Wash Away. Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Joe Melhorn
Sahuarita, AZ