Re: Stripping resin castings

Craig Zeni

On Dec 31, 2016, at 1:36 PM, STMFC@yahoogroups.com wrote:

1b. Re: Stripping resin castings
Posted by: "Benjamin Hom" b.hom@att.net benjaminfrank_hom
Date: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:07 am ((PST))

Fred Jansz wrote:
"I'm using Dot3/4 brake fluid. How long it takes depends on the paint. Most of the times works fine. Some acrylic paints are rather stubborn and might take a day or two in the bath."

ON RESIN? I think not. DO NOT USE BRAKE FLUID TO STRIP RESIN. You will end up with a blob instead of kit components or a model.
I used Chameleon on a SMMW car. The doors and running boards balled up into wads of uselessness; the main body casting was unfazed. Curious indeed.

But short answer - use brake fluid, Scalecoat Rinse Away, Chameleon at your own peril.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC