Re: Modeling a ATSF BX-77

Allan Smith

Try a Branchline  1000 series 50' postwar riveted side boxcar. It has  a diagonal panel roof 4-4 roller pin ends and close to the correct side. You may have to add details for Bx-77 1001.I think Microscale has decals for the Shock Control cars.See page 26 of Santa Fe Box Cars The Shock Control Era 1954-1995.

Al Smith
Sonora Ca

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 8:15 PM, "thekays100@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I have been planning to build a ATSF BX-77 boxcar with the large "DF...With..Shock Control" markings for a while now and have gathered together what I thought were the necessary items.   As I started the project today I realized that the car I had planned to use, a Branchline Single Door boxcar, was really not correct as the side panels are not all the same width.

Is there a kit that can be used for this prototype, without rebuilding the sides?   I know I will have to add the gussets on either side of the door, but I really don't want to sand the sides smooth and redo the panels.

Any suggestions?

Steve Kay