Question from the archives

Dave Nelson

Tonight I was looking for information about Shell Oil tankcars (RPX, SCCX, and SCMX) wondering when some of them were painted yellow.  I found Richard H. answered this question waaaay back in 2002 (it being back in the 20’s, too early for my interests).  A follow up from Jon Miller prompts this post: Jon gently kidded Richard that it was about time he write that tank car book he had been considering for so long.

My question tonight is did Richard actually start, finish, or see published that book?

And speaking of Richard (may he rest in peace), anyone know what the state of affairs are at the CSRM WRT his bequeathed collection?

Dave Nelson