Re: HO scale truss rods

Bill Vaughn

I believe the ones I used were Percision scale.  I then soldered to a U channel like ATSF practice and then used brass wire for the truss rods and grant line plastic for the part I can't name off the top of my head.  The car has held up very well and not fragile at all.

Bill Vaughn

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:56 AM, "ed_mines@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Anyone have a lot of experience with HO scale truss rods?

I'm looking for queen posts more robust than the Grandt line ones and the ones in Q'Craft kits. I have some metal ones from Selley and have used the metal ones from Silver Streak in the past.

ed mines