Re: Monon #37 w/Archer Surface Details Update

Donald B. Valentine

   That is beautiful work, Bill, but leaves one big question in my mind. What are you
going to do about the grossly high ribs of the roof seams. Dick S. tried to convince
me to purchase the C&BT line from him some years ago but the cost of retooling
the roofs to get rid of that issue, added to what he wanted for the tooling, was
enough to put me off. He swore up and down that he and another fellow has salvaged
a piece of a freight car roof and taken the rib height measurements from that piece
but the piece was never seen when his measurements were questioned. To me it is
the only serious problem with the line.

Cordially, Don Valentine