Re: Re weigh locations

Charles Peck

In the group files is a document listing many shop symbols for many railroads.
There would be the first place I would start.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 8:49 AM, rob.mclear3@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi to all

First off I have posted this to a number of groups so I apologise if you get it more than once.   I am able to access a Decal maker here in Australia who is able to print white decals.   I am interested to put reweigh dates on my boxcars and am wondering what the codes would have been.   For instance I know that San Bernardino shops used SB so a reweigh date would have looked like SB 9-47.   But I don't know what the other shops were I suspect that Kansas City would have been KS and maybe Corwith would be CW, the only other one I know about may have been La Junta with LJ but I don't have a clue as to the rest.

I am only talking about Santa Fe cars here and in the period before 1948.   As to others such as Wabash, NYC, NKP, Pennsylvania  and others I will have to find that later.   Also for information I am modelling in HO.

Regards

Rob McLear

Aussie.