Re: Rust-Oleum Dead Flat Clear Finish

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Scott,

Usually with spray cans on the patio. Now that Floquil sprays have disappeared, I'm stuck with various red oxide primers. I have a huge collection of cans of every brand I could find, each backed by a 3X5" styrene sample card kept in a file box. I make notes on these cards about what cars I've painted with them, and also how the paint performed. The paint is usually not as fine as Floquil, and I'm not happy. Due to ventilation and my sweetheart's asthma issues, I will never have an indoor paint booth.

Does this get me kicked off STMFC for heresy?

Yours Aye,

Garth

On 1/16/17 5:30 AM, 'Scott H. Haycock ' shhaycock@... [STMFC] wrote:

So Garth,

You've piqued my interest...how do you paint your freight cars?

Scott Haycock

Some of us don't have a paint booth, and have to do our painting out on the patio, or by sable. Yes, I tried propellant cans, and they didn't work very well for me.

I do have an airbrush somewhere. Used just once.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff