Re: Rust-Oleum Dead Flat Clear Finish

tjcataldo

HI
If go to your local auto body supply store ask a flat  compound  you add to paint
You put it in model paint to get that flat  finish

     Tom

On Sunday, January 15, 2017, tgregmrtn@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

How many guys here use spray cans to paint their HO Scale equipment? In today's world why wouldn't you have acquired even the most economic airbrush?

Show of hands...

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 1/15/2017 3:12:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:

At yesterday's Great Train Show I talked with Joel Bragdon, the weathering powder entrepreneur, about base and finish coatings for use with chalks and powders.

He mentioned that Rust-Oleum announced a new coating last March called "Dead Flat Clear" and that he likes the product. Here is a photo link:

http://tinyurl.com/jnou4lu

I did a little searching and found that Home Depot and Lowe's both carry it.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

--
Thomas  j Cataldo