Re: Icing Platform - Where Was This?

Patrick Wade

Looks like the sign on the roof says Glendale.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara, CA

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Allen Montgomery sandbear75@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

If the SFRD refer is the home road, I would say it is around Glendale. I can't think of another town in Az of that size that they loaded refers in.
Allen

On Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:04 PM, "thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Anyone have an educated guess as to where this photo was taken?

The location is somewhere in Arizona. Clues are the Crystal Ice House and the Standard Oil Company building.

Notice the car number stenciling on the refrigerator car ice hatch cover. There also appears to be a number stenciled on the ventilator hood of the reefer off to the far right...if that is in fact a reefer and a ventilator hood.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA