Re: Scrap metal loads

Jack Mullen

I'd suggest being very cautious about using food products as model material, at least if your home is or might be subject to mice or other pests.

Back when I was a teen I used some uncooked spaghetti in lieu of small diameter dowels (in the years before Evergreen styrene.) All was well until late fall when the field mice made their annual venture into my parents' basement. I guess they were hungry. Pasta was the first course, then random gnawing on other parts of my first few scratchbuilt structures.

Jack Mullen