Re: Wood Floors in Gondolas—Board widths?

Charles Peck

To narrow boards down by one inch, I would do this.  Stack several boards on edge and
clamp them between two pieces that are as thick as the desired width. Then sand the boards down to the height of the clamping pieces.
At least that is how I would do it.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 10:01 AM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Yes, that is why I thought building a floor using individual boards would be interesting. One thing I will do a gouge some of the edges as I glue them down, while other I will gouge between the edges or otherwise damage. Thinking about how I can build a tool to cut the 6-inch boards down to 5-inches.

Bill Welch