From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 11:52 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Steamtown photos

Hi Eric and List members,

I had not known the car had an end door.

I wonder if perhaps the intention of the side openings was to allow one to
load the car with a conveyor from the side (one door each for the left and
right hand parts of the car), and the intention for the end door was so one
could load the entire car with a conveyor via the end door.

You mention the car was far from its home territory - it would seen like
these cars would also be very useful for loading long lumber, in which case
it might travel a bit further than one might think. The car would need to
have any remaining coal or coke thoroughly swept out first, but a work crew
could easily handle that jon.

Claus Schlund