From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:03 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Accurail 36 foot boxcars

John Barry wrote:

I had to run to the post office and neglected to add that the short box was 57917, 9.4% of the US XM count.  The 119,727 in North America was 16.3% of the continental XMs.

When you look at the XAs, the US numbers were 1643 short, 75517 40ft, 35951 50ft and one 70 ft car for 1.5%, 66.8%, 31.8% and 0%.  The addition of Canada and Mexico did not appreciably change either the quantity or percentage of the various length auto cars.

Put another way, in Jan 1945 when I model, the 36 ft box was almost twice as common as the 50' auto car and more than 4 times as common as a 50' box.  In other words, I need to balance the P2K 50'ers on my roster with a bunch of shortys.

Well, maybe I can get away with an imbalance account the jeep production at Richmond and the truck production in the South Bay that needed the auto cars, just as I need a higher than standard proportion of flats.

I do look forward to future releases, but at the same time am willing to wait as you 20's modeler's should pay for all the tooling filling your voids.

John Barry