From: "destorzek@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 11:43 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Accurail 36 foot boxcars

---In STMFC@..., wrote :

There are two words that should get the blood flowing for any Y’All road modeler.

Ventilated cars

There were many 36-foot ventilated box cars in the 1945-1952 years.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

I keep looking at photos of 'vents', and just don't see a good way to do the barred door. A sandwich of three etchings would do for the door bars and frame, with some molded styrene door rollers, but that just isn't an Accurail 'easy assembly' kit.

Dimensionally, a lot of vents are the same size as this car.

Dennis Storzek