Re: Accurail 36 foot boxcars

Bruce Smith

I have three more words to add… Shake and Take!

Dennis and Accurail have been amazing supporters of the Shake and Take clinics over the years and this new 36' car is just LOADED with possible applications, such as the ventilated cars.  I can certainly see it as fodder for a number of fun conversion projects!!

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, Al

On Feb 20, 2017, at 10:43 AM, destorzek@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:
---In STMFC@..., <eric@...> wrote :
There are two words that should get the blood flowing for any Y’All road modeler.

Ventilated cars
 There were many 36-foot ventilated box cars in the 1945-1952 years.
Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

I keep looking at photos of 'vents', and just don't see a good way to do the barred door. A sandwich of three etchings would do for the door bars and frame, with some molded styrene door rollers, but that just isn't an Accurail 'easy assembly' kit.

Dimensionally, a lot of vents are the same size as this car.

Dennis Storzek