Re: Accurail 36 foot boxcars

A&Y Dave in MD

In addition to when and what, where can be important!  I model Southern's Winston-Salem division in and around Greensboro where SOU, N&W, and C&O vents were relatively plentiful in 1934; at least according to conductor Snow's documentation.

My thesis advisor told me that any conclusion should be accompanied by a statement "for whom and under what conditions" since always and everywhere rarely apply!

Thanks for the help Bill.

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone

On Feb 20, 2017, at 4:57 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

My point is that is not helpful to generalize. While in the pre-1930 era Southern's Vent fleet was important in mine it was nothing. I think it is as important to talk about "when" as well as "what" in many cases.

Bill Welch