Re: Cement Hopper Weathering

Bill Vaughn

Interesting pattern.  Looks like the hatches may have been open for awhile since there is a pronounced ring.

Bill Vaughn

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:15 PM, "thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I have several two-bay cement hoppers that I plan to weather using prototype photos as a guide. This particular photo by Robert Pisani caught my eye because of the subtle pattern around the roof hatches:

Notice the relatively clean circular areas where the open hatch covers shielded the roof from spilled cement. This is the only roof shot I've seen with this particular pattern from more than two dozen I've studied.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA