Re: Chipping Fluid

I have used the liquid Frisket medium (Hobby Lobby or Michael's) with some good results. Does not have the sticky residue that masking tape can create.

Rich Christie

On Friday, February 24, 2017 9:27 PM, "Bill Keene wakeene@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Hello Garth,

Please be sure to report on the results of your efforts with the Tattered Angels paint system.

… After you complete the population of people, of course.

Cheers & Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Feb 24, 2017, at 6:17 PM, Garth Groff sarahsan@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Bruce and Tim,
I recently picked up a "Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Paint System, Bare Metal" set at Joann Fabrics. It consists of four bottles of some sort of liquid pigments, including bare metal, rust, and two different "glimmer mists". I thought this might be a good way to do snow plows, bulldozer blades, skip loader buckets, etc. No I haven't tried it yet. I'm too busy painting O-scale people right now.
Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 2/24/17 4:41 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

Bruce

I've used masking tape as you describe, but it can get tricky and can
potentially lift up decals or paint. So either way works but I was thinking
that the brushing on hairspray might be both faster and less likely to cause
any problems. But masking tape is still preferred if you need to make a
precise shape like a rectangle or circle.

I've seen spreader blades with a wide area of rust and then a more recent
smaller area of bright shiny steel!

Fun stuff to try. :-)

Tim