From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:46 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Really interesting freight car photos today

Hi Schuyler,

I find images 1427 and 1426 to be most interesting, as on the left side of the photo is a string of reefers, including one or two from the Great Northern.  What is unique to me is the GN goat herald on the reefer side.  That herald was common on box cars during that era, but did not realize it had also been applied to reefers.  Wonder how long that herald lasted into the 1920's?

Ted

At 10:32 AM 2/26/2017, you wrote:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-26-17

In particular, image 1424.  Check out the roof in the foreground.  Hatches and different roofs on the two sides of the same car!

Schuyler

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@...
847-697-5353
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used.  HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 5% added).

Avast logo