Re: Steam Era Freight Cars Reference Manual, Vol. 3 and FOFC re-prints

Bill Welch

I think hearing reviews from consumers are arguably more helpful in this kind of situation since for the publisher it is hard to be objective about your product or publications. I echo what Bob and Tony have said. I will add that especially in the "Focus on Freight Cars" series in each volume Ted really drills down in both the Introductions and photo captions to provide technical details. For example some of the cars feature relatively rare brake housings and brake wheels and he always seems to know what they are. Every time I reread one the volumes I see something I missed before.

Bill Welch