Re: PHOTO HELP NEEDED

Matt Herson

If in fact Bill was looking at the 1000 series box cars they extend from 1000 to 1074. Problem is they are made of cars from 7 different series of NP XM box cars converted to XML box cars. With out knowing which car number is required an exact photo match cannot be made.

Information regarding this series and cars they were made form is available on the NPRHA web site.

nprha.org

Matt Herson

Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:58 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] PHOTO HELP NEEDED

Gentlemen,
     While there is a lot of great info out on NP 10000-13999 boxcars, one could also not assume that Bill left off a zero, but perhaps actually meant NP 1000-1064 (possibly also NP 1065-70), loader-equipped 40ft steel boxcars upgraded ca. 1959 with DF, DF-2, or Spartan Tri-Belt loaders and renumbered into the NP 1000-series. While I did send him my one poor scan of NP 1031 (an STB car), I unfortunately did not have a good end view nor any further info on the NP's loader upgrade program, which cars were upgraded, etc. Anyone have info and/or photos of NP 1000-1064?   
Dave Sieber
Reno  NV

From: STMFC@... <STMFC@...> on behalf of WILLIAM PARDIE PARDIEW001@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 10:48 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] PHOTO HELP NEEDED

Morning All:

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of the Northern Pacific 1000 series boxcars. I hope someone will be able to help.

Bill Pardie

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.